St. Luke's Church is open for in-person worship. We are also livestreaming our Sunday services via Facebook Live. Click here to visit our Facebook page at 10:30 A.M. to watch the service or thereafter to view the video at a later time. You may also watch it right here on the website.
For the latest news and updates, follow us on Facebook, check our website here at www.StLukesHaworth.org or sign up below for
This Week @ St Luke's, our weekly eBlast.
JOIN US for WORSHIP on SUNDAYS at 10:30 A.M., IN PERSON at CHURCH or VIRTUALLY on FACEBOOK LIVE!
Wearing masks will be optional until further notice. We will continue to spatial distance.
BLESSING OF THE ANIMALS - Service @ Noon on Sunday, October 2
Furry, finned, feathered, scaled, stuffed or photo, bring your pets for a blessing.
Invite your friends, too. ALL ARE WELCOME!
We are also accepting non-perishable pet supplies to benefit several local animal welfare organizations.
Here is the wish list:
- Purina Pro Plan Savor/Focus Small/Toy Breed:(Chicken and Rice shreds kibble)
- Purina Pro Plan Savor Adult: Shredded Chicken and Rice kibble
- Purina Pro Plan Savor Adult: Chicken and Rice Canned Dog Food
- Stella & Chewy’s: Food/Raw Coated Kibble (Beef Recipe)
- Canned Organic Pumpkin, Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
- Organic Peanut Butter (Without Xylitol)
- Chicken Jerky Treats
- Bully Sticks or Antler Chews (USA made)
- Benebones: Chews for large breeds
- Hard Dog Toys/ Nylabones
- Large Kongs or Kong Wobblers/Toys
- Innovet CBD Oil
- “Pill” Pockets
- Large Breed Slow Feeders
- Essential Oils: Lavender, Peppermint, Vanilla
- Sentry - Calming Collars all sizes
- Adopt Me Leash (6’ w/ standard clip)
- Heavy Duty Stuffed Dog Toys
- *We unfortunately cannot accept: Milk Bones, Rawhide, OR treats NOT made in the USA*
- Purina Pro Plan FOCUS Adult: Adult Indoor Care Turkey and Rice Dry
- Purina Pro Plan FOCUS Kitten: Shredded Kitten Chicken/Rice Formula Dry Kitten Food
- Purina Pro Plan SAVOR Adult: Classic Chicken & Rice Entree in Gravy, Salmon and Rice Entree in Sauce, Tuna Entree in Sauce Canned Cat Food
- Purina Pro Plan FOCUS Kitten: Chicken & Liver, Salmon & Ocean Fish, Ocean White Fish & Tuna Kitten Recipe Canned Food
- Cat Treats (Grain-Free)
- Cat litter – non-clumping only
- Kuranda cat beds 21x15
- Ceramic cat bowls (1 - 3 cups)
- Top loading medium-large cat carriers
- Puppy Training Pads (Large)
- Cat Beds
- Fleece Blankets
- Plastic and Cloth Cat Toys
- Feliway spray
- Large cardboard scratchers
- Litter boxes - standard rectangle (New)
- Snuggle Safes
CLEANING SUPPLIES/OFFICE SUPPLIES
- Paper Towels
- HE Laundry Detergent
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Toilet Paper
- Standard Printer Paper
- Clorox Wipes
- RESCUE - Cleaner and Wipes
- PAW Safe Ice Melt
St. Luke's Celebrates 100 Years of Service on Sunday, October 16
St. Luke's will hold a Festival Service of Holy Eucharist on Sunday, October 16 at 10:30 A.M. to mark its Centennial. As we begin our next 100 years, we are resuming our Covid-delayed ingathering of non-perishable food items for the Center of Food Action. The food gifts will be blessed during the service.
The Episcopal Church has a legacy of inclusion, aspiring to
tell and exemplify God’s love for every human being
regardless of gender, sexual identity or orientation.
We believe that God loves us all – no exceptions.
The Episcopal Church's Position on Abortion and Women's Reproductive Health
The Episcopal Church teaches that “all human life is sacred” and that there is a “tragic dimension” to all abortions. At the same time, the church stands with women in defending reproductive freedom, declaring an “unequivocal opposition” to federal and state laws that would “abridge or deny” any woman’s ability to make informed decisions about reproductive health.
This is from Presiding Bishop Michael Curry: “The Episcopal Church has tried carefully to be responsive both to the moral value of women having the right to determine their healthcare choices as well as the moral value of all life. [The Supreme Court's] decision institutionalizes inequality because women with access to resources will be able to exercise their moral judgment in ways that women without the same resources will not.”
For further information please follow this link:
Parish News & Notes
FELLOWSHIP & COFFEE HOUR
We are having in-person Coffee Hour following the 10:30 service. Join us for a little refreshment and conversation.
About Our Live Streamed Services
We will continue to live stream our service each Sunday on Facebook Live. You can watch the service both in real time at 10:30 A.M. or later at any time as a recorded video. Our Facebook page is public, so you do not need to be a member of Facebook to view it.
To get to the page, go here: www.facebook.com/stlukesepiscopalhaworth
Access it from the home page of our website at www.stlukeshaworth.org
We would love to know that you worshipped with us. Check in or leave a comment. Otherwise, send us an email @ email@example.com and let us know you were with us!
To visit the Archive for a PDF copy of Rev. Beverly's sermons, click here: St. Luke's Episcopal Church - Sermons (stlukeshaworth.org)
A PRAYER FOR HEALING
The Almighty Lord, who is a strong tower to all who put their trust in him,
to whom all things in heaven, on earth, and under the earth bow and obey:
Be now and evermore your defense, and make you know and feel that
the only Name under heaven given for health and salvation is
the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen. (The Book of Common Prayer, 1979)